This is Sadie's Book Birthday

Today is publication day for This is Sadie and to celebrate I decided to buy myself a little present....
                                                                                                                                                                        Atelier Caroline





My little Sadie doll was built by the very talented Atelier Caroline. Check out her work here. I couldn't be happier!

I also couldn't be happier with this book. Julie Morstad just gets better and better and given how good she was to begin with, this is really saying something. Working with Tundra Books and its Editorial Director Tara Walker has been a dream. Her belief in the book from the very beginning has been what's brought it to glorious life.  Jackie Kaiser of Westwood Creative has been Sadie's literary godmother and I am grateful for this and all other blessings she has brought into my life. The whole Tundra Books/Random House Canada team has been fantastic to work with. 

                                                                                               Atelier Caroline


                                                                                                                                                                       Atelier Caroline
Special thanks to the book's brilliant designer Kelly Hill (that cover!) and to Sylvia Chan and Pamela Osti and Aliya Stacey for helping Sadie find her way in the larger world.  Response to the book so far has been lovely.  








Comments

Joyeux Anniversaire!
Just read 'This is Sadie'...magical!
Congratulations on a wonderful, wonderful book! And that doll!! :)
Stacey said…
I haven't seen the book yet, but will look for it the next time I'm at the bookstore (which is quite frequently). Congratulations!
Congrats on the book! I haven't seen it in bookshops here (Barcelona, Spain) but it looks fabulous.
Marta
Congrats on the book! I haven't seen it in bookshops here (Barcelona, Spain) but it looks fabulous.
Marta
Congratulations! I love your Sadie doll. How darling. My daughters and I can't wait to read this one!
That doll! That book cover! And your son is a whiz at creating book trailers too! I know exactly where to look for your new book when I run (not walk) to Munro's Books in Victoria.
Many congratulations on creating another beautiful and thoughtful and sweetly irreverent picture book!
NanaBeast said…
Sara, your book is beautiful. Just like Sadie's imagination and Julie's illustrations. I borrowed the book from our public library and am so enchanted. I have always loved picture books, and well, books of all kinds. But picture books bring back a hint of the time I had as little girl to be free to just imagine. I have another grandchild on the way. A girl this time and living close. I will be purchasing this book for us to enjoy.

Caroline's interpretation of Sadie and her fox, box and blanket are fabulous! I would have treated myself in exactly the same way if I had just had a book published. That fox, especially, has captured my imagination already! So glad you shared these here.


Sara O'Leary said…
Thank you! Caroline did a beautiful job. And lucky you with a grad-daughter on the way!
Amy Orsenigo said…
I love your books, especially this latest one. My niece, Sadie, will be four years old in a few weeks. Is there any way I can buy a signed copy of the book for her? Many thanks.
Sara O'Leary said…
Hi Amy, You can write to me at 123oleary AT gmail.com and I'll see whether there's anything we can do.
Thanks so much.

Popular Posts