Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!



Note: As you can see, I've misquoted the book in my title up there. It should be "let the wild rumpus start!" but for years I have mis-read it the other way. I want that extra syllable in there and the extra ring of formality in the language. With apologies to Mr. Sendak ... it just feels right. I just realised last night that I'd posted it this way when my son, reading me a bed time story, changed the word extraordinary to extraordinarily because it scanned better. Anybody else out there do this?

Comments

Victoria Thorne said…
let the wild rumphus start, begin, do whatever it wants to....I just want to be there!

this is fabulous. can't wait, either!
Unknown said…
I always say begin, too. It scans a lot better that way.

But what really scans well are YOUR books: one of each hiding way up high till Easter for my girls; one of each off to Seattle for my nephews. SO PRETTY so beautifully written. Brava.
Sara O'Leary said…
Thanks so much, Anne. And I haven't forgotten that I promised you postcards. I haven't sent them yet, but I haven't forgotten!

Popular Posts