Tag

I seem to be caught in a game of tag ... this morning's mail led me to the following from the Bookwitch:

This week’s game would seem to be some blog tagging exercise where the victim has to bore their readers with three sentences from their nearest book.

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

I am rather belatedly reading Jacqueline Wilson’s latest book, My Sister Jodie. Sentences number six to eight on p123 go something like this:

She kicked too hard and hurt her foot. “Ow!” she moaned, hopping on one leg. She wasn’t good at balancing on just one high heel and nearly toppled over.

This mad chain blog thingy could only have come from one place, Crime Always Pays. You silly man. Haven’t you got nappies to change and sleep to catch up on? Oh, well. But you people who I’m about to tag had better remember it’s nothing to do with me. The lucky victims are Lowebrow, Julie Bertagna, The Green Knight, Sara O’Leary and Jen Robinson.


So I am tagging: Mrs O'Kana, BookLust, Jennifer Lanthier, We Heart Books, Crooked House.

Please don't hate me!

And here's my post over at Bookwitch:

The book at my elbow is sitting here on my desk to remind me to email some interview questions off to Melanie Little. Her book is called The Apprentice’s Masterpiece: A Story of Medieval Spain (Annick Press) and it is a YA verse novel.

Here goes:
“As if I am a window/
in a fancy new home,/
covered, but only with glass.”

Comments

Popular Posts